We are a small, young charity offering counselling and support to young families living in deprived neighbourhoods and who experience multiple challenges such as poverty, abuse and stress. We currently have four part-time counsellors operating on two sites in the Chester area. In order to devote as much of our resources to front-line counselling as possible, we have so far used volunteer admin and management. We would like to continue this if we can.
A part time role, ca. 4-5 hours per week, to assist in the management of the counselling practice. The role would be confined mainly to Monday to Wednesdays and would include: • Arranging appointments with clients
• Collating attendance data and other data from clients
• Handling and reporting on client assessments and evaluation forms
• Handling enquiries from clients and others
• Contributing to various communications aspects of our work, e.g. liaising with stakeholders, social media etc. Much of the role may conveniently be performed from the volunteer’s home, but there would also be face-to-face work with PFL staff and sometimes with clients.
• Ability to relate empathically on the phone with vulnerable adults
• Good organisational skills with attention to detail
• Good IT skills – spreadsheets, Word, file handling and ability to take on new approaches
• Experience of being in positions of trust in handling confidential information
• Willingness to be flexible in catering for the needs of a small organisation