Working with a team of passionate volunteers and staff within a busy retail shop, you will play an important role in delivering a great customer experience to customers that visit a local charity retail shop. This is a varied role, as no day is ever the same as the last, giving you the opportunity to develop a host of skills with the full support of the team. Working as a team you will make a valuable contribution by using your knowledge/interest of current trends in accessories in:
- Sorting donated Bric-a-Brac stock and preparing stock for sales floor
- pricing Bic-a-Brac items for sale
- Merchandising stock, helping customers to buy through creating attractive displays
You do not need any previous experience or skills, simply lots of enthusiasm, motivation and an interest in unusual items/antiques and the latest trends. In return, you will learn or develop and gain retail experience and confidence in selecting, pricing and displaying accessories. You will also enjoy the benefits of working with like minded people who already work with or volunteer with the charity.
- Enthusiastic and motivated
- Ability to create attractive displays
- Interest in antique/unusual items
- Use reference tools e.g internet
No specific skills needed as training and support from others will be given. Travel expenses are paid a public transport rate but need to complete a 4 hour shift. Minimum two hours commitment expected. 16+; BHF are supporters of Duke of Edinburgh.