With its dramatic location on the banks of the Mersey and the Manchester Ship Canal in Cheshire, extensive in-door displays, boat trips and historic buildings, the museum is a great place to volunteer, where time slows down and history comes to life.
This is the chance to help care for an interesting collection of social history objects, dating from the 1830s-1950s and have a positive impact on the visitor experience of the museum. To go behind the scenes at the museum, and handle and care for historic objects to prolong their lifespan. To become part of a friendly and dedicated team and learn more about the history of Porters Row and working class domestic life in the North West during the 19th and 20th centuries.
- Able to communicate effectively.
- Able to follow instructions.
- Willing to learn new skills and techniques.
- Able to work individually and as part of a team.
- Good organisational skills.
- General knowledge of history of canals desirable.
- General knowledge of history desirable.
- Proactive approach.