People tell us they need practical and emotional support during their cancer journey and they want help locally. This service offers transport support to people with cancer. Lead volunteers work with staff to co-ordinate a group of Macmillan volunteers who deliver practical transport support to people living with cancer in Chester and Chester West.
Co-ordinating referrals and matching volunteers with service users. Admin tasks and record keeping. This can involves communicating with volunteers and staff by email or phone This is home based role with some travel within Cheshire for meetings and training. As part of this role you could also volunteer as a driver but that is optional.
• Ability to communicate clearly and listen effectively
• Polite, courteous and patient
• Reliable, honest and punctual
• Ability to be respectful of others differences and choices
• Ability to maintain confidentiality • Ability to work independently but with guidance and support from staff
• An interest in cancer care and the services that Macmillan provides
• A knowledge of the local community desirable (but not essential)
• Basic IT skills