We are committed to supporting our blind veterans no matter where they are. Our lunch clubs provide crucial social interaction for our veterans who can't reach our centres and can often feel isolated or lonely. It's our blind veterans' chance to get together, meet other blind veterans and have a good old chat over some great food.
Our lunch club volunteers are there to make sure everything runs smoothly and a good time is had by all! Whether you're helping with the invites, arranging transport for our veterans or making sure everyone has what they need on the day, your help is incredibly valuable.
Volunteers must be over the age of 18 years and understand the importance to confidentiality and relationship boundaries. The role can be flexible around your other commitments, but we ask that you are reliable and punctual for our veterans. You will be fully trained and supported so you feel comfortable and confident in your volunteering.
What you will be doing
- Support veterans attending the lunch club & provide social interaction
- Report any concerns to the Volunteer Coordinator
The skills you need
- Friendly & Welcoming
- Great Communicator
- Patient & Attentive
- Willing to get stuck into a variety of tasks
- Happy to work in a team
- Ability to identify members who may need more support
What's in it for you
- Full training and support
- Reasonable out-of-pocket expenses
- Help a veteran enjoy the pleasure of meeting friends
A DBS Check will be required for this role