Be a part of a 4-week programme helping young people design and deliver a creative, social action project in their local community!
National Citizen Service (NCS) is a government funded programme for all year 11s and 12s (16-17 years old) which takes place outside of term time. Through a variety of physical, personal and creative challenges, young pople learn leadership, communication skills and team work. The programme culminates in a social action project designed and delivered by young people in their local community.
- Building rapport with young people and listening to their concerns.
- Facilitate and participate in games, activities, and discussions with young people including outdoor adventure activities with qualified instructors.
- Effectively be able to communicate with NCS staff and volunteers as well as other community organisations.
- Supervise young people and ensure rules of health and safety are met.
- Maintain record keeping systems and report to session leader.
- Undertake initial core training and optional on-going training.
Must have a genuine desire to make a difference and enjoy being in a diverse and dynamic team of staff, volunteers, and young people with a non-judgemental attitude and non-discriminatory approach. Be enthusiastic, outgoing and self-motivated with a joy for encouraging the best in young people.
Venues within the Northwich/Winsford area. DBS check will be required.