Do you have an interest in films, enjoy marketing and publicity? If you do, you might like to try your hand at being a Publicity and Marketing Assistant for Neston Flicks. Neston Flicks is a new community project, and a Publicity and Marketing assistant volunteer is needed to help promote the community cinema that runs monthly films at Neston Civic Hall. The role is varied and will involve attending meetings. You will also write press releases, update the website, liaise with the press, create posters & flyers and help with distribution & mailing lists. This is a great opportunity for anyone with a flair for words and social media and who love films.
The organisation running the project aspires to show films in the local area and create an enjoyable, affordable cinematic experience. It's not just about the film - it's about having an exciting, social evening centered around the common interest of loving cinema.
Neston Flicks organisers have compiled the first annual programme for 2014. It's a mixture of old and new classics, compiled from suggestions from Neston residents, with a common theme of being simply great films that deserve to be seen as intended - on the big screen, surrounded by fellow film lovers! This is a great volunteer role for anyone who is a film buff or who wishes to develop or enhance their skills in Marketing and publicity. Application form, informal discussion, references will be needed for this role.
- Marketing skills or experience of publicity campaigns.
- Interest in films and cinema would be useful but not essential.
- Good communication skills. Reliable. IT literate. Experience of writing press releases and producing marketing material,
- Happy to talk to groups and attend meetings in and around the Neston area.
- Knowledge of using social media to promote and publicise events