Every year more and more volunteers are needed to help out at one of the 300 CFGCs shops across the UK, generally located in community locations such as churches, schools, libraries and town halls.
All that is asked is that you volunteer for at least one 2.5 hour session per week, or one session per fortnight, for the duration of the trading season, on average 6-10 weeks from October – December.
Training is given in all procedures including the use of the electronic tills and, where applicable, operation of credit/debit card machines.
Volunteers usually work in pairs and work alongside the shop manager. The role can include some or all of the following:
- Processing payments for the cards and goods
- Operating a till, for which full training is given
- Re-stocking the card boxes
- Assisting in the shop by keeping the card boxes, displays and Christmas goods tidy and attractive
- Good customer service skills
- Retail experience is useful but not essential for this role
- Full training and support will be provided by the shop manager