About the opportunity
We rely on food donations to provide emergency food for people in crisis. From UHT milk to meat meals, donations are collected and distributed to people in need of emergency food. We have a collection, warehouse and several distribution points.
1. Provide the Project Co-ordinator with regular updates on stock levels, items needed and surplus items. Through Mid Cheshire Food bank (MCFB) office ensure that donors are regularly informed of items needed.
2. Bring to the Project Co-ordinator any concerns about the day to day operation of the Warehouse
3. Ensure that all warehousing processes and procedures comply with the Trussell Trust Operating Manual
4. Co-ordinate an annual stock take and reconciliation to verify the accuracy of data records
5. Liaise with the FDC Managers to organise the re-supply of food and provisions to centres as required. Monitor the email system to identify re-stock orders. Ensure regular reminders to FDC Managers of the need to check for short dated/OOD stock
6. Liaise with the Project Co-ordinator and Supermarket Co-ordinator on timing of collections and to ensure availability of processing and storage arrangements for stock received
7. Co-ordinate the volunteer team at the Warehouse ensuring all volunteers have induction training and training to ensure they can, over time, undertake the full range of warehouse duties. Plan the rotas ensuring adequate cover for the Warehouse
8. Take responsibility for the building, contents and security of the Warehouse and arrange for building maintenance/problem rectification
9. Monitor compliance with Health and Safety and Environmental Health on an on-going basis.
10. Ensure that all warehouse paperwork is up to date and is passed on regularly to the admin team for entering onto the data collection system.
11. Plan for and co-ordinate specific seasonal activities e.g. Harvest festival collections and Christmas parcels
Key skills, abilities and knowledge:
* Ability to plan and organise
*Ability to lead and work as part of a team
*Ability to carry out manual work
*Ability to work independently and unsupervised
*Good oral and written communication skills
*Knowledge of and previous training in safe manual handling
*Knowledge of and experience of Warehouse management and stock control
*Knowledge of Health and Safety and Environmental Health legislation and practice
*Good operational knowledge of IT packages including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and email systems
Volunteers will be required to do 2 days per week; supervision of others